Before & After Pictures
Eyelid Surgery Holiday Thailand
Come to Thailand for your eyelid surgery holiday. Eyelid surgery is a simple procedure, where our plastic surgeons will remove excess skin from upper and/or lower eyelids. The result is a younger and refreshed look that will make you more outstanding. Our clients often combine eyelid surgery with a Facelift.
Are you a candidate for eyelid surgery ? The best way to find out is to complete YOUR FREE EYELID SURGERY EVALUATION – CLICK HERE. You simply take pictures of your face from the front and both sides and complete the evaluation form.
What to Discuss with Your Surgeons
- It is very important to be completely honest and open with your surgeon during pre-operation consultation. This will be a key to the overall success and safety for your Eyelid Surgery.
- It’s normal to feel nervous about any surgery. Don’t hold back and tell your surgeon about your feelings so that he may help you overcome or at least control your anxiety. If it is the results that you are more concerned about, also tell your surgeon about this. He should tell you everything you want to know about the procedure, the outcome, and the risks and complications so that you can better manage your expectations.
- You should also disclose your full medical history. There are some pre-existing conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and history of heart problems, which may make you become unsuitable for the surgery.
- Preparing for your surgery is a serious matter that you should pay attention to the most during consultation. Your surgeon will also most likely to ask you to stop smoking, drinking alcohol and taking certain drugs, vitamins and supplements in the days leading up to your surgery.
- Of course, being informed as early as possible about post-operative care is an utmost advantage. Try to know more about it before you undergoing the surgery.
The Eyelid Surgery Procedures
Also known as Blepharoplasty, Eyelid Surgery begins with your surgeon making incisions in the upper and lower eyelids, following natural contour lines and creases, and often extending into a fine line at the eyelid’s outer edge. Your surgeon then separates the skin from the underlying tissue and muscle, removes the excess fat and trims the sagging skin and muscle.
Asian patients can create double eyelids by adding a crease on the upper eyelids. Take note that Blepharoplasty does not get rid of crow’s feet and other wrinkles; neither does it eliminate dark circles around your eyes.
Rest and Recovery After Your Eyelid surgery in Thailand
You will experience bruising and swelling around your eye area, which may last for 10-14 days. Lubricating ointment and cold compress may be used to help reducing these symptoms. Soreness and pain, which are also natural but minor, are managed by medication prescribed by your doctor.
It’s important not to subject your surgical incisions to excessive force, abrasion or motion during the healing process. Although you can get back to your normal routine within a few days after your operation, you should avoid excessive physical activity and heavy lifting for another two to three weeks.
If you experience shortness of breath, chest pains or irregular heartbeat, contact your surgeon or seek for medical help immediately. Although eyelid surgery is generally considered to be safe, there is always the possibility of complications setting in.
Proper diet, enough rest and closely following your surgeon’s instructions will greatly help in your fast and optimum healing.
What Results to Expect from an Eyelid Surgery ?
- Your final results will be apparent within a few weeks but the incision lines may take up to a year to fully refine. Scars are usually very faint and hardly noticeable when fully healed.
- In some rare situations, optimal results are not achieved with a single procedure and revision surgery may be necessary.
- Eyelid surgery can be expected to correct certain conditions permanently. Anyway, as you will continue to age naturally, life-long sun protection will help to maintain your results.