If you’re starting to develop bulging and unsightly veins in your legs, particularly in the calf or the thigh, you can’t anymore expect them to disappear without treatment. And if they become more severe to the point that they already are too prominent and painful, then it’s time to get rid of them for good. Varicose veins, which are actually swollen or damaged blood vessels, are a common condition and can be easily and effectively remedied by varicose vein surgery
At Destination Beauty, we offer FREE and friendly service to help you get the best cosmetic surgeries and medical treatments in Thailand. With our strong partnership with the country’s best surgeons and hospitals, we’ve been able to help valued clients from around the world. We can help you look and feel better, too. Simply get in touch with us so you can learn more about our wonderful services.
Varicose Vein Symptoms
Other than the appearance of bulging, twisted vein beneath the skin, varicose veins symptoms include: aching and persistent itching of the skin in the affected area; swelling of the feet and ankles; a feeling of heaviness, tiredness and soreness especially at the end of the day or after periods of prolonged standing; or changes in skin color especially around the ankles.
Varicose Vein Risk Factors
It is estimated that about one in five adults will develop varicose veins although some factors may accelerate, if not cause its development. You’re at greater risk of developing the condition if you history of varicose veins in your family, if you’re pregnant and if you’re obese. Women are also at greater risk than men probably because of the effects of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone on the blood vessels.
Surgical Techniques To Remove Varicose Veins
Compression stockings and injection therapy may be uses for the cosmetic treatment of mild varicose veins. But for serious cases, especially when the large veins of the legs are involved, surgical treatment may be required to alleviate pain and stop inflammation of the veins from recurring.
The two main types of surgical techniques used to treat varicose veins are Ambulatory Phlebectomy and Vein Stripping.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy– This type of procedure can treat larger varicose veins. It involves your surgeon making a series of tiny puncture holes along the vein before taking out small segments of the vein. The incisions are really tiny that they require no stitches.Ambulatory phlebectomy can be performed as an outpatient procedure and you can expect to experience very little pain after the operation.
- Vein Stripping– This method is used to remove severely damaged saphenous veins, or the largest surface veins in the legs. This procedure is usually done under general anesthetic which means that you will be asleep and feel no pain during the operation.The surgery begins with your surgeon making small incisions in your groin area and another near the ankle. Then, your surgeon ligates or ties off the saphenous vein and its branches at the groin incision. He then passes a flexible wire through the vein from the ankle incision and when the wire reaches the groin incision, he pulls the wire out to bring the entire vein with it.
Recovery After Your Varicose Vein Surgery In Thailand
You can walk immediately after an ambulatory phlembectomy and the procedure hardly leaves scarring. For vein stripping, recovery period is longer and requires extra care and attention.
While you can be able to leave the hospital the same day or at most the day following your vein stripping procedure, it usually takes two to six weeks to fully recover. Your surgeon will give you detailed instructions what to do to ensure optimum healing and faster recuperation.
Your legs will be bandaged for several weeks after the operation. You may be asked to take several short walks that gradually increase in pace and distance. When you lie down, you will be asked to keep your leg elevated above your heart.
Bandages and stitches will be removed after a week and you can expect to return to work after a week or two. However, you should avoid strenuous activities for at least three to six weeks or until after you feel you have regained full strength in your legs.
We’ll Help With Your Varicose Vein Surgery
Varicose Vein Removal in Thailand – and most other procedures – can cost up to 70% less than what they cost in places like America, Australia, England, Sweden, Denmark and elsewhere. At the same time, the quality of medical care you’ll get is on par with the the safe, modern care you would expect in the West – and in some cases it’s better here. On top of that, you get our help for FREE.
- We’ll provide FREE answers to all your questions
- We’ll set up a FREE, at-home consultation with one of our partner surgeons
- We’ll coordinate with the hospital, handle all your surgical booking and take care of paperwork
- We’ll NEVER charge you a “Booking Fee”
- We’ll advise on travel, transfer and accommodations
- We’ll be here to answer questions, we’ll be here to help out while you’re here and we’ll be here if you have questions or concerns after you return home
If you decide that Varicose Vein Removal Surgery in Thailand is for you, then we’re here to help coordinate with everyone concerned to make this entire experience not only a success in terms of your personal results and your happiness with your new body, but also a memorable and positive trip on its own. We’re here to take the mystery out of coming to Thailand for plastic surgery, so let us help you with exactly that!
You can contact us by filling out the form on this page, calling us or emailing us at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!